Wednesday, May 05, 2004


PUT THAT COFFEE DOWN. Coffee is for closers!

Glengarry Glen Ross (1992) - A movie about salesThe ultimate movie about sales is Glengarry Glen Ross. With a juggernaut of a cast and the most incisive script ever created in this genre, it is painfully realistic to watch. And the penultimate scene in this ultimate movie is Blake's visit to the sales force.

Blake: These are the new leads. These are the Glengarry leads. To you, these are gold; you do not get these. Because to give them to you would be throwing them away. ...

Blake: We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]
Blake: Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired...

Blake: Your name is 'your wanting', and you can't play the man's game, you can't close them, and then tell your wife your troubles. 'Cause only one thing counts in this world: get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me you f**kin' faggots? ...

Blake: A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing, always be closing...

Dave Moss: Who are you? What's your name?
Blake: You see this watch? You see this watch?
Dave Moss: Yeah.
Blake: That watch costs more than you car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy, I don't give a sh*t. Good father, f**k you. Go home"...

Blake: You got leads. Mitch & Murray paid good money. Get their names to sell them. You can't close the leads you're given, you can't close shit, *you are* sh*t, hit the bricks pal, and beat it, 'cause you are going *out*.
Shelley Levene: The leads are weak.
Blake: "The leads are weak." The f**king leads are weak? You're weak. I've been in this business fifteen years...
Dave Moss: What's your name?
Blake: F**k you. That's my name.
[Moss laughs]
Blake: You know why, mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. *That's* my name...

Dave Moss: We don't gotta sit here and listen to this.
Blake: You CERTAINLY don't pal, 'cause the good news is - you're fired...

Blake: PUT THAT COFFEE DOWN. Coffee is for closers. I don't see any closers here...

Blake: And to answer you question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Mitch and Murray asked me to. They asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and fire your f**king ass because a loser is a loser.


Memorable Quotes from Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)

No comments: